Intra-dermal filler is a synthetic collagen injected into or under the skin. It can be used to enhance facial features, prevent the need for surgical or invasive procedures and assist in the prevention of facial aging. Examples include:
- Adding volume and smoothing out the deep creases that run from the nose to the mouth (called nasolabial folds or laugh lines).
- Plumping thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the lips.
- Augmenting cheeks to enhance their shape, often restoring youthful fullness.
- Filling out depressions (hollows) under the eye area.
- Increasing volume to fill out gauntness in the lower cheek or temple area
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty (nose jobs)
FAQ on Derma Fillers
There are various fillers used depending on the area that is treated. A high or low viscosity filler will be used appropriately according to the chosen treated areas.
Fillers can sometimes have the side effects of lumpiness and unevenness. However, when applied correctly the side effects are dismissable. The treated areas can also be massaged to rectify any lumpiness should it occur.
Bruising and swelling is sometimes a side effect, but subsides within a few days.
Depending on the area that is treated with dermal fillers, usually the fillers last for up until 12 months or even longer.