With age comes the loss of collagen and elastin. This ultimately causes “aging” which is the sagging of facial features. There is a drastic loss of facial volume and elasticity in the layers of the skin which creates wrinkles, lines and folds. This creates a greater demand for “non-surgical facelifts” that is non-invasive and that requires little to no downtime.
Liquid Facelifts is one of the types of non-surgical facelifts available, whereby advanced dermal fillers, such as a variety of Restylane® products and Juvederm Ultra®, are used in conjunction with Botox®. This then works to lift and contour facial features by rejuvenating lost volume and helping the body to produce its own collagen. It can either target specific areas of the face or the entire face itself altogether. A non-surgical Liquid Face Lift can be undertaken to accomplish any of the following:
- Volumising of the face
- Restructuring or lifting of specific or overall facial features
- Definition of various natural facial contours, such as the jawline for example.
- Reduction of “aging symptoms” such as wrinkles, creases, line or folds.
- Help hydrate and moisturise the skin from an intra-dermal perspective
- Camouflages imperfections by filling hollow areas or soften deep lines that create a more rested, energetic look.
Some examples of what a liquid facelift can do is:
- Raise eyebrows and open eyes
- Eliminate under eye bags or dark circles
- Augmenting cheeks for shapelier and fuller appearance
- Eradicating atrophy in the chin and temple areas
- Lifting of the corners of the mouth to give a more youthful smile; and bumps on the nose can be hidden. Many of these conditions and contouring procedures are discussed on this web site, as well as treatment procedures for a variety of wrinkles, folds and lines.
FAQ on Liquid Facelift
- Natural-looking results
- Immediate enhancement and improvements
- No downtime
- Minimal recovery time
- No general anaesthesia
- No scarring
There are very minimal side-effects associated with the application of dermal fillers and Botox®. Some immediate side effects include bruising and swelling which will subside after 3 days. Other uncommon side effects that may occur over time is lumping and unevenness. If the procedure is done properly by a qualified and skilled medical practitioner, the likelihood of this is far less. Maintenance of the Liquid Facelift will ensure that these side effects do not occur.
The key is not to overdo the procedure. Dr van Aswegen will give the correct advice on how much to administer, as well as where and where not to do the procedure. If the Botox® and dermal fillers are applied to the correct areas in the right manner (without overdoing it), the patient will not have a frozen look to their face, but rather a more natural and youthful appearance.
The Liquid Facelift does not remain permanent. The Botox® will dissipate after 4-6 months and will require touch ups accordingly, while the fillers last up until over a year and should be maintained according to their absorption.