Non-surgical nose jobs and reshaping, otherwise known as non-surgical rhinoplasty, involves the use of dermal fillers or intra-dermal threads, or even a combination of both. It helps achieve a more desirable shape to the nose without the need to have invasive surgical procedures, which may require substantial downtime.
Dermal fillers and intra-dermal threads are able to assist mainly by doing the following for the nose:
- Creating a flat bridge: dermal fillers can help create subtle increases in height
- Slightly crooked or off-centre nose: dermal fillers and intra-dermal threads can both be used to straighten and centre the nose. Dermal fillers fill in any gaps that will allow the nose to be evenly filled in. Intra-dermal threads are able to straighten or centre the nose by pulling it more into place.
- Camouflage imperfections/asymmetry such as bumps, unevenness, atrophy or hooks on the bridge of the nose: Dermal fillers can help “fill” in these flaws.
- Balance the size of the nose in comparison with other facial features: Dermal fillers can help the nose appear narrow, as well heighten or widen the nose. It adds volume, which allows the nose to “fit in” with other facial features.
- Refine the nose shape or size: Dermal fillers can be used to create contours that make the nose more refined in its shape and appearance. Intra-dermal threads can be used to heighten the tip, as well as narrow/decrease the width of the nose, by pulling the nose in the direction of which it is to take shape.
- Button Nose lift: Intra-dermal threads can be used to lift the tip of the nose upwards so as to diminish a flattened appearance.
FAQ on Non-surgical nose job
- Natural-looking results
- Immediate enhancement and improvements
- No downtime
- Minimal recovery time
- No general anaesthesia
- No vital nasal cartilage is removed
- No long term deleterious effects on nasal passages (as with surgical rhinoplasty)
There are very minimal side-effects associated with the application of dermal fillers and threading in the nose. Some immediate side effects include bruising, redness and swelling, which will subside after 3 days. Other uncommon side effects that may occur over time are lumping and unevenness. If the procedure is done properly by a qualified and skilled medical practitioner, the likelihood of these side effects is far less. Intra-dermal threads help with the production of collagen in the specific areas that they are placed and in turn have positive long term advantages for the skin.
It is important to understand that this procedure is not permanent as the fillers and threads are absorbed by the body over time. Fillers and threads a minimum of 12 months. Thereafter maintenance may be required to fill or fix any absorption that may cause asymmetry.